Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ground Zero

Sometimes I wonder that our mind just rambles so much. So many parts are clustered in one little 2kgs of mass which is the topic of study for so many people. But still so much of it is hidden from our selves. Sometimes when I am in the midst of a conversation one part of the mind is concentrating on the current discussion, another part is thinking of an experience I recently had and the plethora of emotions following it . The other part is wandering in the fantasy world which is the doorway to my hidden desires , those which are within me, those I would never like to tell anybody . Those that our only mine. Another part is planning for the future , what after this , where do I go from here? What lies ahead . Another part is analyzing the behavior of those around me, and trying to make sense out of the unspoken words. Looking at the new attire of the person and longing for same , thinking of my favorite food that I ate such a long time ago, planning to buy a new pair of shoes may be…

Sometimes people ask me the cliché question ..”What are you thinking ?” and my answer goes – Nothing –just blank!
I don’t think I am honest when I say that! May be I don’t want to express the thoughts then, may be it’s the sinful part of the mind that is on work at that moment or may be the very personal space I don’t want to keep to myself!

But what it would be like to have a mind without any thoughts , I sometimes call it looking in the zero!What would have been the state when I was born? What is going in the mind of a new born life that has just entered this puzzle called life? Will I ever experience that state , when my mind will be sans thoughts , sans people , sans judgements , sans opinions….sans Substance….

2 comments:

Naren said...

The zero state is called Tabula Rasa

Arjun said...

We have discussed this before . . very close to being buddha