Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Circle of Life!

As I stand at this crossroad,
Waiting to choose my direction
I recall I was here, not very long ago,
As if it were some reflection

It’s like the chorus of a song,
The sound of the chime
Life is one full circle
Comes back with time

I chose the path most trodden
Not knowing where it would lead
Nurture hopes of the world around me
Apprehensive whether I would succeed

But didn’t take much time to realize
That it was a misfit
And trust & honesty were,
But meaningless words
I moved on with my set of wounds
Longing for a pair of wings
Jealous of birds

To fly away in the vastness
To go to the land I want
Where nobody questions me
Sans past memories to haunt

But such is the irony of fate
I am brought back to the same gate
The time and context has changed
And so has the emotional state
It all seems same on the outside
“Which way to go now”, echoing inside

Like the chorus of a song, like the sound of the chime
Life is a circle, comes back with time!
Hoping this time I won’t make a mistake
I’ll choose a new path, and call it mine

2 comments:

Shuchita Sehgal said...

"Life is one full circle
Comes back with time"
I dont know whether i agree with this statement or not. However, there is something intriguing about these lines....

Anshuman said...

nicely written!